Thursday, February 12, 2009

Posting exercise in the blog

Since I've been gone for my course (Diploma in Education) in UBD, my colleague had taken over all of my ICT classes and instead of using the HP desktops, he gave the students a brand new experience working with the Macbook.

It is a lot easier working with the Macbooks since it has built-in wireless module making it easier to connect to the school's wireless router for Internet access. I'd taught the pupils how to connect to the Internet and how they can use Google, the search engine to do research on their own and Dr. Leong came up with a better idea, that is making a blog (click here for my school blog) for the pupils, post questions there and ask the pupils to answer in the comment box.

The idea was good initially and everything went on smoothly. However, it was until when they found all the answers and tried to post it in the comment box and things went wrong. They were unable to post up their answers and all the pupils in the lab started raised their hands and shouted for my help. I tried clicking on the "comment" button in several macbooks but it all didn't work.

I'm guessing its the "Comment Moderation" function that's making the problem so I might give it another try enabling all the settings.

I seeked for advice from Dr. Leong and he suggested that the pupils could sent their answers by emailing me. That comes another problem, not all pupils have email accounts and I guess I have to guide those who don't have email account in creating an email account in one of the upcoming lesson.

Then, what about those pupils with existing email accounts? What are they going to do while their classmates are engaged in setting up email accounts? When the pupils have nothing to do they tend to be restless and will start moving and nosing around and it is the teacher's responsibility to manage the class in good order.

All I can say for now is that, this whole "lesson" has to be planned more carefully before carry out.

1 comments:

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

Pupils who already have email accounts could assist those who don't.

About This Blog

This is a blog created as a project for Dr. Leong's PS0270, ICT in Mathematics and Science, Semester 1, 2007/2008.

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP